Let’s face it! Aging is an irresistible phenomenon that occurs in humans. VCare specialists can make the face appear and feel more youthful through the FDA approved treatments. One such treatment is Platelet Rich Plasma therapy (or PRP). PRP Skin treatment is an advanced treatment that utilizes ingredients present in an individual's blood in order to regenerate their skin and revitalize collagen, leading to healthy, young looking skin. In PRP skin treatment, blood is drawn from your body into a sterile tube. After this, a unique centrifuge machine is used where the blood is spun down in order to take out and concentrate the stem cells, growth factors and platelets that are very important for tissue healing. This blood with a high concentration of platelets and growth factors is referred to as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP).
What is PRP Skin Treatment?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood that contains approx 3 - 5 times the number of platelets found in normal blood. It also contains platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that help in skin rejuvenation. It uses your own plasma to stimulate collagen production and cell migration, allowing for the elimination of lines, folds, and wrinkles. Results from this PRP therapy is natural looking and subtle, and they can last longer. PRP is minimally invasive hence has no risk of allergic reaction, and can also be used to treat nearly any area of the body. When PRP is injected into particular parts of the skin, its high platelet concentration stimulates the growth of new collagen that revitalizes the skin tissue and hence leads to naturally smooth and firm skin. As a result, the patient gets rid of wrinkles and gets a smoother skin feel and tone.
- During the session, your doctor will numb your skin and draw your blood.
- Some patients may feel a bit dizzy or lightheaded when blood is drawn. Your doctor will give little water and juice which will help in no time!
- Once the blood is drawn, VCare team takes it away to our centrifuge where it is spun to separate out the PRP solution from the rest of the blood.
- Before the next step of the treatment, your doctor will make sure that your skin is thoroughly clean with no remaining residue and the full numbing period has completed.
- Once ready, your doctor will gently apply your body’s own PRP solution to the area being treated while a pen is slowly glided across the treatment surface. The microneedle pen will penetrate to the dermis level which will cause some surface-level blood to be visible on the top of the skin. Now, the micro-injuries are stimulating deep collagen production, while the PRP is able to penetrate deep into the skin.
- After the treatment, the skin will be red and may feel tight or sting which may last for 1-3 days but will be greatly diminished within 24 hours.
After 1-2 weeks the initial results will be visible. And your skin will look brighter and brand new!